Thursday, August 21, 2008

Michael Phelps, Frosted Flakes, Oh My

So I was thinking since I usually post just pics today I would give you my 2 cents. Be prepared it is not a very profound 2 cents.

If you have been following the Olympics I am sure you are familiar with Michael Phelps, the USA's 8 time gold medal swimmer. Well this week Kelloggs announced that his image would be pictured on the Frosted Flakes box. Now this action has nutritionists all in a rage because it sends the wrong message to children; that frosted flakes is the real breakfast of champions instead of wheaties; a cereal with one third of the sugar and three times the fiber.

My comment to the nutritionists is ... the real message this sends to kids is 'If you avoid video games and swim 5 hours a day I guess you can eat your flakes with frosting on them if you want to'. This still leaves approximately 9,700 calories available for Wheaties. (Phelps diet allows for 10,000 daily caloric intake.)

5 comments:

moren blog said...

Oops. Forgot to leave my name. Angie wrote that.

moren blog said...

You always were good at math. -Mom

Jill said...

Very good point, Angie!! I agree!
p.s. how's baby?

moren blog said...

i couldn't agree more. i wish more people could think logically.
-anna

carol said...

yay, angie!..you're so stinkin' smart...i like your 2 cents worth.